Subic Bars and Sights

Bachelors Guide To The Philippines
bender
Site Admin

Subic Bars and Sights

Unread postby bender » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Subic Bay or more correctly Olangapo aka Bario Barreto has a main drag with a strip of girly bars. This whole strip is walking distance to the beach and there are plenty of resorts here too. This is a rough and ready place, a hangover from WW2 where US servicemen would come for R&R. Its dusty, third world and soaked with cheap booze and hookers - I love it! The beach aspect gives it an appeal Aussies can relate too, plus the sincerity and humour of the local Philippinos really shines through. For the single bloke I rate this spot way better than Bali. I've added a few details in the comments under each photo.
Attachments
view.jpg
Here is a view of Baloy Beach, note the Blue Rock floating bar
view.jpg (86.57 KiB) Viewed 559 times
locals.jpg
Local Philippinos come here for holidays too
locals.jpg (74.64 KiB) Viewed 559 times
flash-rat.jpg
Flash Rat had 12 girls on stage and the barfine was 1700 or $44
flash-rat.jpg (49.27 KiB) Viewed 559 times
cheap-charlies.jpg
Cheap Charlies is a rooftop bar run by some mad brits, they have the cheapest beer in town (90c apparently) and plenty of freelancers hang out there, however be early to find a seat it can get packed.
cheap-charlies.jpg (65.96 KiB) Viewed 559 times
hot-zone.jpg
Quite dead at Hot Zone on a Saturday nite
hot-zone.jpg (121.22 KiB) Viewed 559 times
lollipop.jpg
Lollipop had a cover band setup in the bar. More of a crowd here it must be a favourite spot. Some of the hostesses here were real lookers too.
lollipop.jpg (49.46 KiB) Viewed 559 times
crazy-horse.jpg
Crazy Horse is an Aussie bar, less girls working here but they tended to be younger and prettier in general, wearing cowgirl costumes of course!
crazy-horse.jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 559 times
paradise.jpg
Paradise is a little cover band / rock club with diner style seating and a sound proof band room. Not many people here when I popped in, but the cover band were great fun!
paradise.jpg (76.77 KiB) Viewed 559 times
wet-spot.jpg
Wet Spot was a busier bar, and it has great air con. The corner stage features 1 dance pole. You can ask girls for massages while you drink.
wet-spot.jpg (60.03 KiB) Viewed 559 times
coco-lips.jpg
Coco Lips has a sister bar in Sabang
coco-lips.jpg (58.82 KiB) Viewed 559 times
cock.jpg
Old mate said this bird had won the previous 7 fights in a row, so it's like the local champion.
cock.jpg (92.53 KiB) Viewed 559 times

Return to “Bachelors Guide To The Philippines”