Password issues

Forum Rules, and lots of other useful info
darth
Silver Contributor

Password issues

Unread postby darth » Wed May 02, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi, a few people have mailed me with this issue or similar

"Hello - forgot my password and have tried twice to get a new one but when I click on the link to activate it, it says "not authorised" and I cannot log into the site with the newly sent password either. Is there a problem with the site, or am I doing something wrong?
Many thanks"

The official answer is that phpbb is a free service and not supported by hookerlooker.

However try being logged out while activating or try being logged in, sometimes you may have an old session still open (or closed) in the background...

Also a) don't forget your password and b) try searching for an answer is here phpbb.com they have a good support forum.

If someone does find an answer post below.

steven69
Silver Contributor

Re: Password issues

Unread postby steven69 » Wed May 02, 2007 6:39 pm

[quote="darth"]Hi, a few people have mailed me with this issue or similar

"Hello - forgot my password and have tried twice to get a new one but when I click on the link to activate it, it says "not authorised" and I cannot log into the site with the newly sent password either. Is there a problem with the site, or am I doing something wrong?
Many thanks"

[/quote]

Thanks Darth, that was my email to you. When I got home I just logged on as usual (Netscape remembered my password) all is fine. Now, it's just ME who has to remember it LOL.

darth
Silver Contributor

Password issues

Unread postby darth » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:23 pm

NOTE If you change your email address in your profile, then you forget your login password, the password reminder will be sent to your old (possibly non existant) email account.

This has happened to a few people and the only solution is to create a new account.

j-lover
Silver Contributor

Re: Password issues

Unread postby j-lover » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:58 pm

darth wrote:NOTE If you change your email address in your profile,
So did they fix that problem whereby if you change the email address in your profile, you can't log back onto HL? I distinctly remember reading a warning from you saying don't change it.

Return to “Forum Rules”